Horizon Housing Competition Terms and Conditions
These standard rules apply to all Participants in competitions/contests conducted in any format by Horizon Housing. These rules may be amended or varied from time to time by Horizon Housing at its discretion. Special rules may apply to particular contests, in which case an addendum to these rules will be made available and published for that competition.
- All competitions will clearly identify the start and end time/date and the required format for lodgement of any entries. After this end time/date no further entries to the competition will be permitted
- All competitions will clearly state the prize/s and the value of the prize/s.
- All competitions will clearly state the date winners will be announced and the format of that announcement.
- All competitions will clearly state the rules, criteria and/or requirements. Winners will be selected in line with the stated competition rules.
- All competitions will be open to current tenants of Horizon Housing and their identified household members unless otherwise stated.
- All entrants must be current tenants at the time of the announcement of the competition winner/s.
- Tenants must not be in rent or water arrears at the time of or during the competition process.
- All prizes must be claimed by the winner/s. Formal identification will be required on collection of the prize/s.
- If a Participant is aged 18 years or under, their parent/guardian will need to sign an indemnity and consent to participation in the competition.
- Participants agree that contest entries and material submitted by any person in connection with any contest (whether in writing, audio or visual form, or a combination of those) becomes the property of Horizon Housing which may use the material in any medium or publication. Participants agree copyright in any such material is assigned to Horizon Housing.
- Horizon Housing undertakes to ensure competitions will state if competition material could/is to be used external to Horizon Housing. Participants acknowledge this material could be used for this purpose.
- Horizon Housing would like to promote/publish winners or Participants details. Horizon Housing understands there may be sensitivities associated with this and will undertake to ensure where sensitivities are identified Horizon Housing will utilise other methods to protect identity where relevant.
- Employees of Horizon Housing or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries not received for whatever reasons.
- Unless otherwise stated multiple entries are permitted.
- The winner/s will be notified by email/telephone/letter within 28 working days of the closing date. If the winner/s cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 21 working days of notification, Horizon Housing reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Horizon Housing will ensure all reasonable steps are taken to ensure contact with winners.
- Horizon Housing reserves the right to disqualify any individual Horizon Housing has reason to believe has breached any of the Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition.
- No cash alternative to the prize/s will be offered. The prize/s are not transferrable. Horizon Housing reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of or equivalent value without giving notice.
- All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner/s. Horizon Housing is not liable for defective prizes or any claims arising from the use or misuse of any prize.
- Horizon Housing, its agencies, sponsors, donors and representatives are not liable for any loss to any person arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by Horizon Housing or prize collected by any person.
Horizon Housing’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any failure by Horizon Housing to enforce any of these rules will not give rise to any claim by another person.