A new vision in housing
Horizon Housing (HH), provides high quality sustainable housing solutions, ranging from subsidised rental accommodation to home ownership.
Horizon Housing encourages long term tenure by being affordable, well located, energy efficient, and designed to be adaptable to the changing needs of clients. HH provides long term viable housing solutions for a range of people through a range of products. To be sustainable, our products aim to ensure our clients are not placed in housing stress, which is, not paying more 30% of their income in repayments or rent.
Not for profit charity
We are a not-for-profit charity formed for the specific purpose of alleviating housing stress among home owners and tenants on or below average income levels. HH is a registered Australian Company limited by shares, and has eleven not-for-profit and industry shareholders who elect nine voluntary Directors.
HH utilises and develops a range of funding, rebate and finance models to aid the delivery of its housing options, including:
- Debt finance
- National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) funding
- Housing Affordability Fund (HAF)
- Nation Building Economic Stimulus Funds
- State Government social housing funding
- Local government infrastructure and rates rebates
- Tax deductable donations and tax exceptions.
HH Products / Services
Horizon Housing provides both Community Housing Programs and Affordable Housing Projects to create a continuum of housing responses that enable low income families to live affordably. HH current products include:
- Affordable home ownership
- NRAS investment homes
- Discounted market rental through NRAS
- Long term housing for people with disabilities
- Long term community rental housing
- Medium term transitional community housing
- Medium term singles accommodation
- Affordable housing rental options
- Affordable housing in resource communities
About Horizon Housing
Number of news items returned: 1 to 3 records of 39
18 September 2014
An innovative joint housing project that has been unveiled at Stockland’s popular Hundred Hills community at Murwillumbah is allowing a ...
22 August 2014
Santos GLNG has boosted its support of affordable housing in the Maranoa region, providing an additional $200,000 in funding to ...
29 July 2014
Earlier this month, three community housing organisations became the first in Queensland to be registered under the new National Regulatory ...