A new vision in housing
Horizon Housing (HH), provides high quality sustainable housing solutions, ranging from subsidised rental accommodation to home ownership.
Horizon Housing encourages long term tenure by being affordable, well located, energy efficient, and designed to be adaptable to the changing needs of clients. HH provides long term viable housing solutions for a range of people through a range of products. To be sustainable, our products aim to ensure our clients are not placed in housing stress, which is, not paying more 30% of their income in repayments or rent.
Not for profit charity
We are a not-for-profit charity formed for the specific purpose of alleviating housing stress among home owners and tenants on or below average income levels. HH is a registered Australian Company limited by shares, and has eleven not-for-profit and industry shareholders who elect the Directors.
HH utilises and develops a range of funding, rebate and finance models to aid the delivery of its housing options, including:
- Debt finance
- National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) funding
- Housing Affordability Fund (HAF)
- Nation Building Economic Stimulus Funds
- State Government social housing funding
- Local government infrastructure and rates rebates
- Tax deductable donations and tax exceptions.
HH Products / Services
Horizon Housing provides both Community Housing Programs and Affordable Housing Projects to create a continuum of housing responses that enable low income families to live affordably. HH current products include:
- Affordable home ownership
- NRAS investment homes
- Discounted market rental through NRAS
- Long term housing for people with disabilities
- Long term community rental housing
- Medium term transitional community housing
- Medium term singles accommodation
- Affordable housing rental options
- Affordable housing in resource communities
- Your Home, Your Place
About Horizon Housing
Number of news items returned: 1 to 3 records of 54
25 May 2016
Scholarship protects vulnerable students in Mitchell community Mitchell State School students facing disadvantages at home are now glimpsing a brighter future ...
04 April 2016
Horizon Housing invited entries to the 2015/2016 Art and Photo Competition around the theme of “What My Home, My Place ...
13 January 2016
HESTA has made a $6.7 million investment in Horizon Housing, a community housing provider operating in Queensland, which is focused ...