A new vision in housing
Horizon Housing (HH), provides high quality sustainable housing solutions, ranging from subsidised rental accommodation to home ownership.
Horizon Housing encourages long term tenure by being affordable, well located, energy efficient, and designed to be adaptable to the changing needs of clients. HH provides long term viable housing solutions for a range of people through a range of products. To be sustainable, our products aim to ensure our clients are not placed in housing stress, which is, not paying more 30% of their income in repayments or rent.
Not for profit charity
We are a not-for-profit charity formed for the specific purpose of alleviating housing stress among home owners and tenants on or below average income levels. HH is a registered Australian Company limited by shares, and has eleven not-for-profit and industry shareholders who elect nine voluntary Directors.
HH utilises and develops a range of funding, rebate and finance models to aid the delivery of its housing options, including:
- Debt finance
- National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) funding
- Housing Affordability Fund (HAF)
- Nation Building Economic Stimulus Funds
- State Government social housing funding
- Local government infrastructure and rates rebates
- Tax deductable donations and tax exceptions.
HH Products / Services
Horizon Housing provides both Community Housing Programs and Affordable Housing Projects to create a continuum of housing responses that enable low income families to live affordably. HH current products include:
- Affordable home ownership
- NRAS investment homes
- Discounted market rental through NRAS
- Long term housing for people with disabilities
- Long term community rental housing
- Medium term transitional community housing
- Medium term singles accommodation
- Affordable housing rental options
- Affordable housing in resource communities
- Your Home, Your Place
About Horizon Housing
Number of news items returned: 1 to 3 records of 49
04 May 2015
Horizon Housing, Queensland’s leading social and affordable housing provider, has taken out the Australasian Housing Institute’s (AHI) prestigious Excellence in ...
17 March 2015
Queensland’s largest social and affordable housing provider, Horizon Housing, has grown its team with the appointment of its new Chief ...
03 February 2015
Horizon Housing believes our tenants are the focus of the work we do. We want our tenants to engage with ...